fognl

Get off my lawn.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Greed 2: Happy Easter

It's a long weekend, today's my birthday, and tomorrow's Easter.

To commemorate all of this, I did the obvious thing and pushed another Greed update.

Folders: This screen is now tabbed. There's a tab for the existing "Folders" list, plus another one with the folders in a "flat" list. The tabs are kind of cool looking too.

Notifications: I did some testing and verified that the service definitely runs reliably. I changed the way it tracks updates to unread items. It now accumulates updated feeds until you open the notification. So, for example, if you have notifications set to cycle every hour and you get 3 notifications, you'll get all of them when you read the updated feeds. Before, you'd get the ones from the last cycle.

Article List: I took a cue from Gmail and added a little panel to the article list that pops up whenever you select the check mark on the left of one or more articles in the article list. The panel contains read/starred/shared/liked checkboxes, plus a "share" button. When you click one of the items on the panel, whatever you click is applied to the selected articles, and the panel disappears. I kind of like it for doing a specific thing to multiple items.


5 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Some notes from this update.

    As someone said on the Market, I get an article opening error when using the labels, but not the folders, and it's not every time either.

    Events: Open app > navigate to folders > select article > receive opening error > navigate back to folders > open same article with success.

    Now I can't replicate it either...

    Second thing I've noticed is in both label and folder view, I can have 2 unread articles per folder/label and read both, but the records still show 1 remaining. Opening the folder reveals that 1 is supposidly remaining, and clicking on that feed shows that none are remaining. Hitting Refresh still displays 1.

    Last; if I read a feed and then click a subsequent link, I see the webpage, but I see the page in greed2. It doesn't pass off the page to the default web browser (or ask which to use if I have more then one). An example would be slashdot's rss feed which displays user comments. Click a link in one.

    Hope some of this helps for the next version.

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Update; I can get a linked page to be passed off and opened in the default browser if I'm clicking a normal link in the feed. If the feed incorperates special code to pull in extra content (e.g. slashdot's new feeds that pull the first handful of comments) then it tries to open the link in greed.

    Second, I've cleared tokens a number of times and each time the refreshing and ghost unread count becomes more accurate. I still have one or two folder/labels that want to report an errant unread item but not to the degree that was previously.

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wanted to let you know that I'm having problems using Greed to log into Google Reader using my preferred password. I suspect that the use of symbols (probably &) in the password may be screwing it up.

    Changed my password to something that didn't use symbols and got right in.

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Cube,

    Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I had this fixed, but apparently not. I'll make a note to fix that in the next update!

    Thanks,
    Kelly

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I've notice that some subscription feeds won't load properly. When I click to view a certain feed, greed would initially load it, then immediately return back to the list view. It doesn't occur often, only on a few feeds. One example is this article feed from the blog Filmofilia (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Filmofilia):

    http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/04/13/kick-ass-premiere-live/

    Any idea whats going on? I'm using a Nexus One.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home