fognl

Get off my lawn.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gadget Lust

I got home this evening to find a FedEx package containing a new Nexus One.

Woo hoo!

I've bought Apple stuff before, and what impressed me about it (besides the shiny surface and the Apple logo on it) was the way it was packaged. Apple puts their stuff in boxes that are so nice, you almost feel bad opening them and taking the merchandise out. It makes you feel like you're getting your money's worth.

I've no doubt that Apple has a patent on the notion of putting merchandise in nice boxes. If that's the case, then I think Google's going to get sued. The N1 came in a very nice box, the same sort of packaging that makes you want to be as careful as possible when ripping it open. Not only that, but the little manuals inside the box seem to be made out of some kind of rubberized paper. Hard to explain unless you've seen it. It looks like paper, feels like rubber. It feels expensive. In any case, I was impressed with the box (and the paper, obviously).

Not as impressed, however, as I was with what came inside the box. This is a sleek phone. It does pinch-zoom, it's fast, the little track ball thing lights up when you get a new e-mail, and it has Live Wallpapers. I realize they don't actually do anything, but they're cool looking.

Anyway, Google sent me this as part of their Device Seeding Program. I guess the idea is that by sending free phones to Android developers, it will spur them into working on new and crazy ideas for Android apps. All I can say is, thanks Google, I'm on it! Seriously, this was a very nice thing of them to do.

What a cool thing this is. I've wanted a Nexus One ever since I saw one at work. Now I've got one. Dang.

If Google runs for President in '12, I'm voting for them.


3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 AM , Blogger schwiz said...

    congrats on your new nexus, I am hoping I get one instead of a droid for the seeding program so my wife can use it. Have you tested if greed2 is showing up on yours in the market yet?

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Keith Sader said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Schwiz,

    I'm able to see Greed2 on the market. I searched for (and found) it last evening, and I just checked and was able to browse to it today.

    Thanks,
    Kelly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home