fognl

Get off my lawn.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Greed 2: Label articles, etc...

Just pushed another update to the Market. This update is pretty basic... It adds the ability to read all of the articles within a label from the Folders view instead of having to read the articles in the individual feeds. Eventually, this option will be more extensive, probably offering the option to replace the standard folder/feed arrangement with a list of "flat" folders, with no hierarchy.

Also, the article viewer scrolls to the top when loading a new article.

On the back end, Greed now logs in automatically when working in the background. (This is something I forgot to do earlier.)

Finally, you can configure the "gulp size", or the number of articles that are downloaded in a single request (e.g., each occurrence of the "Loading items..." event in the article list). I'll eventually change the name of this option.


5 Comments:

  • At 12:55 AM , Blogger Breon said...

    thanks for dropping the 1.6 requirement. I'll let you know what I think.

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger schwiz said...

    not showing up on the market on my nexus one...

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Schwiz,

    Interesting you can't see it on the market on your N1. I just got notification from my wife that I got an N1 from FedEx today (yeah!!!), so I'll be able to test this later today.

    If you want, you can download the APK from http://fognl.com/android-apps/Greed2.apk.

    Thanks,
    Kelly

     
  • At 12:37 AM , Blogger schwiz said...

    alright I will download it from there, thanks.

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Sky2 said...

    BTW, Is there some form of documentation? I discovered "by chance" the behaviour of the light bulb. I wonder what the little green "disk" stands for?!

    Other topic: even though I put notification "on" and programmed short polling interval, it can take quite a while before a real notification takes place. Any idea?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home