fognl

Get off my lawn.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Greed Troubles Update

This just in: I can reproduce the problem people have been seeing with Greed.

Well, to be more accurate, I was able to reproduce the issue once.

The problem appears to be related to login failures when trying to access Google Reader through the API. Google Reader returns some HTML describing the error, which Greed has trouble parsing. I have some logic in place for re-trying the login, which must not be working for some people. In my case, I was able to see it work.

I've been pretty busy at a new job, but I will look at this further and post an update as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone who sent logs, and to Mariano Kamp for some good insights into the issue as well!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Duncan said...

    I didn't have any problems with authenticating but I just updated to the latest release on my Nexus One.

    I noticed that when I tap on a link inside an article, it doesn't launch the browser, loading the link. It doesn't do anything at all. The same problem was present in the previous version also.

    Is this happening because I'm running Android 2.1?

    Thank you for your great work.

     
  • At 6:39 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Duncan,

    This is actually by design. In the preferences, you can select the "Follow Links" option, and Greed will follow links you click on in articles. You can also long-press a link in an article and see a context menu that will allow you to activate the "follow links" preference temporarily.

    In any case, I'm jealous of your Nexus One. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home