fognl

Get off my lawn.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mis-quoted in Wired

I just got mis-quoted in an article in Wired magazine about Android fragmentation.

Not a huge deal, but I don't remember actually saying that the iPhone is easier to develop on than Android. (I honestly wouldn't know, since I haven't built any iPhone applications.)

What I did say was that there is an advantage to the iron grip Apple keeps on development of iPhone hardware and software, in that there's likely less fragmentation in that space than there is in the Android space.

Just thought I'd clarify that for anyone mistaking me for an Apple fanboy.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Why is there such a stigma around being an Apple fan? There are very good reasons why the iPhone is as popular as it is, why there are so many apps for it, and why Apple has perennially high marks in customer satisfaction. I think very little has to do with blind adoration from non-thinking "Kool-Aid drinkers."

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    I agree, iPhone is great. Nothing wrong with it. And I'd be okay being quoted in a magazine article as an Android developer saying iPhone development was "much easier", if I had actually said it. But I didn't. :-)

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    And now you've been misquoted on cnn.com:

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/17/android.wired/

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    LOL. I'm misunderstood by millions.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home