fognl

Get off my lawn.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Greed sharing -- clarification

I just got an e-mail from an angry someone named Steven who purchased Greed and found that he was unable to use it to share an article to Twitter.

I should have clarified in Greed's description: It doesn't share to Twitter (or Facebook, or e-mail) by itself. It uses the Android ACTION_SEND Intent, like most applications do. Thus, you need to have a Twitter client on your phone that responds to the ACTION_SEND Intent. Twidroid is an example of a Twitter client that does this. The same goes for the Android Facebook client. It works for sharing articles, because it responds to the ACTION_SEND intent. Gmail as well.

This is the first time I've heard a complaint about this, so I'm guessing most people haven't been downloading Greed expecting it to feature hard-wired sharing to every conceivable outlet. But I thought I would at least clarify the issue for people that might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home