fognl

Get off my lawn.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Greed: Update for Droid

The Motorola Droid appeared today, and I got a few reports of the fonts in the article list appearing very tiny, almost unreadable.

I actually got an e-mail from someone at Google a couple of weeks ago about this. They were apparently testing apps, and noticed mine looked weird on the Droid. The person who e-mailed me told me how to fix it, but I had forgotten to update a styles.xml file that was still specifying the font size in points instead of "sp"'s. I wasn't able to see any difference on the emulator I'm using here, so I had to rely on a couple of users to tell me how it was looking as I updated Greed and put it on my server to download it.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger schwiz said...

    for quite some time I havn't been able to load 'whats hot in google reader' Is it working for you?

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Schwiz To be honest, I haven't tried it, but having looked at it, I want to. I've honestly never seen a "What's Hot" item in Google Reader! I'll take a look at that and try to incorporate it in a near-future update.

    Thanks,
    Kelly

     
  • At 6:03 PM , Blogger Ian Welles said...

    Thanks for the shout out in the release notes!

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger Narflar said...

    The Fonts are still to tiny to read. When you select Folder View or Feeds you pretty much need a magnifying glass to read them on the Droid. I hope this is an easy fix.

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The font size on the Droid continues to be incredibly tiny thereby making Greed almost unusable. Hope this can be fixed soon. Otherwise looks like a great app.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home