fognl

Get off my lawn.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mistaken Identity

I got a "thanks for your order"-type message from the publisher of some kind of engineering magazine the other day, thanking me for signing up for a subscription. It came to an e-mail account that I don't use very often.

Apparently, someone mis-typed their e-mail address when signing up for a subscription to this magazine, specifying my address instead of their own. The message didn't appear to be spam, and I took no action in response to it.

It's been kind of interesting to see the kinds of e-mails I'm getting on that account since then. Apparently, the person who signed up for the engineering magazine subscription is also a trucker, and is being asked to participate in a lot of surveys for the "American Trucker's perspective" on various issues. This person also does some woodworking, and apparently lives in the SF Bay area. And, his subscription to "Out Magazine" is about to run out.

So if you are reading this and you know any "alternate lifestyle" truck-driving engineers who do woodworking for a hobby and are complaining that their issues of engineering and lifestyle magazines haven't been showing up at their home in the SF Bay area, I may have an idea about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home