fognl

Get off my lawn.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Scoble and the name-drop

I have Robert Scoble's blog in my collection of RSS feeds, because, you know, he's a big-time A-list blogger. (Notice the subtlety with which I dropped a name. Direct and hard to miss, but not gratuitous.)
I'm trying to figure out what makes his brand of A-list blogging so special. I get something like 150 new posts from him per week, and they all read something like this:

Today, me and Jonathan Schwartz (CEO of Sun) were hanging out being cool, when Bill Gates (from Microsoft) stopped by to see me. "Robert", he said, "You are my best friend". Then Cameron Diaz (famous starlet) came up and asked for my autograph. I didn't do it though, because Monica Belluci (famous Italian) was sitting on my lap talking to me, so I didn't hear Cameron's request (Sorry Cameron!). Plus, I couldn't have signed anything anyway, since both of my hands were busy while I was shaking hands with:

  • God
  • The Pope
  • Thomas Edison
  • Trey and Matt
  • Weird Al
  • The guy who wrote the VB Setup Wizard at Microsoft back in '97
  • The inventor of Perl

Check out this video of me dancing.

PS: RSS is hella cool.

I must be a simpleton, because I can't understand what's so compelling about this. Someone help me out here, please.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Good point. I changed it so it's now a link. Cha-ching, I'm going to be rich.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home