fognl

Get off my lawn.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Makes me wonder


Here's a Ferrari F430 Spyder sitting in the parking lot in front of Vince & Associates Clinical Research. I snapped a picture of it while driving by.









What I find interesting about this car is the fact that, with an MSRP of about $225K, it's only one of about 5 cars also driven by the guy that drives it. Let's call him "Vince". In this same parking space (a special carved-out "reserved for the boss"-type of space), I've seen the following over the past 2 months:

  • A red F430 Spyder (just like the yellow one, but not yellow): $225K
  • A black Maserati Quattroporte: $115K
  • A Bentley Continental: $178K
I'm sure the guy probably also has some kind of "beater" that he drives in the winter (probably a Land Rover or something), which brings the total to 5 vehicles. That's a lot of money tied up in cars.

About that parking space: It's off by itself, on the opposite side of the lot from all the others, and close to the door. It's nice and wide, surrounded by grass, and positioned close to the street, apparently to show off whatever's parked in it. One day, I even saw a Mexican kid out there washing the Maserati with a bucket and a sponge. There was a garden hose nearby, so I assume this parking space is also equipped with a spigot for rinsing. If ever there was a parking space that makes a statement, it's this one.

I'm not sure about the statement it makes though. If I were in this guy's position and had a cool car, I would want to be able to see it from my desk. Maybe this guy is the same way, and hadn't thought to put his office in the back and park behind the building. Maybe he doesn't care one way or the other. In any event, he must be cool to like cars like this. But 5 of them? A Mexican washboy? That almost sounds like someone's trying to get attention. "Look at me. I'm hella rich."

Cars like the one above catch my eye. I like 'em. I like the way they look, love the way they sound, and I've seen people driving them that look like they're having the time of their life. So, I want one. But if I ever get to the point where I can actually afford one, I don't think I'll do what "Vince" does. If I do, I hope my friends will tell me I'm being a tool. Otherwise, I'll have to hire a Mexican kid to do it.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Jiffener said...

    Well OBVIOUSLY the reason for this is the driver has a really small penis. I realize you were trying to be polite or make a game of it. But there, I just came right out and said it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home