fognl

Get off my lawn.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Windows XP on Ubuntu Linux

I was recently sort of inspired by something I saw on the interweb: An image of Dale Cooper's Mac running a copy of Ubuntu Linux in a Parallels session. What was it that inspired me? The fact that a Mac is so powerful it can run a whole other OS inside it? No. It was the sight of Ubuntu Linux of course. I was so inspired that I had to virtualize Windows XP on my Ubuntu box, as seen here.

I used VirtualBox to virtualize XP, and it was pretty easy. I think I'll try installing a copy of VirtualBox on a virtualized copy of Windows XP, and running a copy of Ubuntu inside it. Then, from within that doubly-virtualized copy, I'll SSH into the host machine and run sudo reboot and see how long before it disconnects my session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home